The Department of Plant & Microbial Biology provides a unique public education program as part of the California Cooperative Extension Service.
Peggy Lemaux serves as the Department’s Cooperative Extension Specialist in Biotechnology.
In addition to operating her own research lab, Lemaux also performs many speaking engagements and public education programs. She maintains an excellent website, ucbiotech.org, devoted to educational resources focused broadly on issues related to agriculture, crops, animals, foods and the technologies used to improve them. The site features:
- Biotechnology Information
- Resources for Researchers and Educators
- Helpful Links
- Scientific Database
- Biotechnology News.
Honors and awards
- Society for In Vitro Biology 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award - Society for In Vitro Biology - 2010
- Fellow - Crop Science Society of America - 2007
- Distinguished Service Award, Outstanding Outreach - Cooperative Extension Academic Assembly Council, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources - 2006
- Dennis R. Hoagland Award for outstanding contribution to agricultural research - American Society of Plant Biologists - 2003
- Fellow - American Association for the Advancement of Science - 2002
- Distinguished Service Award, Outstanding Research - Cooperative Extension Academic Assembly Council, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources - 1997
- Honored Women of the University of California, Berkeley - UC Berkeley - 1995
- 99 - Supervised Independent Study and Research
- H196 - Honors Research
- 199 - Supervised Independent Study