I assist the Chair and Associate Chair in providing general oversight and management of the department.
My main duties include:
- Supervising the staff in Koshland 111 and the GPB teaching lab
- Serving as the department’s main liaison to the university and various units within the College of Natural Resources: HR, IT, Accounting and Payroll, Facilities, Research Administration, and the Dean’s Office
- Strategic planning and problem solving
- Management of the department’s resources
- Assisting the Chair and Associate Chair with a broad range of issues and projects that include teaching assignments, working with faculty committees, program reviews and organizing faculty meetings
I have a master’s degree in College Student Affairs from Azusa Pacific University and have worked in higher education at four different institutions. I enjoy many aspects of working at a university and have previously worked in residence life, institutional research, academic advising, and multi-ethnic programs.
I started my UC career at UCLA in 2003 as an academic advisor in the department of Asian Languages and Cultures. I moved to the bay area in 2007 to take my first job at Berkeley as the Director of Student Services in PMB, and then later took on the position of Director of Graduate Student Services in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences.
I love the PMB community and am thrilled to have recently come back as the manager of the department. I am also happily surprised to find out that this position has some striking similarities to being a residence hall director, which was another job that I liked very much. Thankfully, though, no one comes knocking on my door at 2 am!