Faculty at PMB is diverse, dedicated to science, research, public service and teaching, and covering a broad area of fundamental and applied science.
Our faculty encompasses all areas of plant and microbiology research, and also touches on Ecology and Evolution, Genomics, Computational Biology, Microbial Genetics and Development, Plant Genetics and Development, Host-Microbe Interactions, Physiology and Biochemistry, Biophysics and more.
Our faculty includes 11 National Academy of Sciences members, 14 Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 5 Miller Research Fellows, and one of the few plant scientists in the nation named as a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator.
Plant and Microbial Biology Faculty:
Graduate Group in Microbiology Faculty
The Graduate Group in Microbiology includes faculty from a broad area throughout campus, and at associated research centers and institutes. Together, the group forms a pool of scientists, researchers and professionals who come together for the benefit of graduate student training, advanced research and collaboration. The program is administered by the Plant & Microbial Biology department. For a complete list of GGM faculty please go to pmb.berkeley.edu/ggm/faculty.
GGM faculty work in a number of areas, including:
- The Department of Environmental Science, Policy & Management in the College of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics in the College of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Molecular & Cell Biology, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Bioengineering, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Chemical Engineering, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
- The Department of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley
- The School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
- The School of Vision Science and Optometry, UC Berkeley
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- The Joint Genome Institute